BCB goes tough: heavy punishment for Sabbir

0
123
-Ad-

Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) on Monday decided to not keep Sabbir Rahman Rumman in the new central contract for his unruly behaviour that heavily breached the code of conduct of the board.

The all-rounder physically assaulted an under-age cricket fan for taunting him on the second day of the sixth and last round fixture of the just concluded National Cricket League (NCL) at the Shaheed Kamruzzaman Cricket Stadium (SKCS) in Rajshahi on December 21 last year.

Along with that, the board also decided to slap a six-month ban from the domestic cricket circuit what BCB Disciplinary Committee is recommended to the board alongside other punishment.

The BCB then handed the 26-year-old all-rounder a hefty financial fine of Tk 20 lakhs as an additional punishment.

BCB took all the decision in the line of the recommendation of the Disciplinary Committee what the board president Nazmul Hassan Papon confirmed all while he spoke to media at his Beximco Pharma office in the capital following a close-door meeting with Bangladesh three formats’ captains coupled with the BCB board directors.

“Our Disciplinary Committee prepared their recommendation after holding hearing in the BCB on the issues of Sabbir Rahman and Tamim Iqbal. We’ve also received the report from the match referee in this regard,” said Nazmul Hassan Pappon.

“The committee recommended dropping Sabbir from the national contract, which will soon be prepared newly for the 2018 season after ending the last tenure on December 31,” Papon said.

“Now we’ve 14 players under our central contract. Sabbir firstly dropped from it. He was handed a financial fine of Tk 20 lakhs along with a six-month suspension from the domestic circuit. For his suspension, he could not play the next Dhaka Premier League (DPL). It’s a huge financial loss for Sabbir,” he added.

The BCB president also warned that Sabbir will be suspended for an indefinite period from cricket if he replicates his indiscipline behaviour again in future what the disciplinary committee indicated in their recommendations.

Nazmul was accompanied with BCB directors Mahbubul Anam, Sheikh Sohel and IH Mallick on the occasion.

The BCB president held strategic talks about the imminent series and the subsequent series of the 2018 with Test and T20 captain Shakib Al Hasan and ODI captain Mashrafe Bin Mortaza on the very first day of the New Year.

The board also handed Bangladesh opener Tamim Iqbal a pecuniary fine of Tk five lakhs for his offhand remark over the wickets during the concluded BPL-5.

Apart from that, they served a stern warning not to make such off the cuff comment as a responsible player. They told him to be more responsible before making any comment to media.

Papon reiterated his earlier comment about the appointment of the head coach what left vacant for the last two and-half-a-months following Chandika Hathurusingha’s abrupt resignation.

He also said that they will not go to make any appointment of any head coach if they don’t get any quality coach for the Tigers. But he said that they have decided to conduct the team with their existing coaching staffs as there is no possibility of appointing any coach prior to the next series.

“It’s earlier fixed that we could not get our head coach ahead of the upcoming back-to-back home series. We’ll handle the series with our existing coaching staffs. We’ll then try to bring a quality coach after the series,” he said.

“Khaled Mahmud Sujon would work as interlink between the board and players since so many years. He will be in these series. We’ve given him a designation as technical director,” he also said.

“But Shakib and Mashrafe will play the vital role with Tamim, Mushfiq and Riyad, who earlier told us that they are very much confident to play the next series without the head coach. We’ve also Richard Halsall and Courtney Walsh to help the team,” he added.

 

 

 

*News Searching By The Independent bd*

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here