Hindustan Surkhiyan Desk:Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chairperson Imran Khan took oath of the Office on Saturday in Pakistan. The oathtaking ceremony comes a day after the National Assembly elected him as the country’s 22nd Prime Minister.
The oath-taking ceremony commenced at 10:10 am where Pakistan President Mamnoon Hussain administered the oath to Khan.
From India, he had extended an invitation to Punjab’s Cabinet Minister Navjot Singh Sidhu, Kapil Dev and Sunil Gavaskar for his swearing-in ceremony in Pakistan. Former cricketer and Congress leader Navjot Singh Sidhu, who arrived in Pakistan yesterday, will grace the ceremony. Other cricketers such as Kapil Dev and Sunil Gavaskar, confirmed that they would not be participating in the event.
His party had swept the July 25 general elections. He defeated the opposition’s candidate, Shahbaz Sharif of the Pakistan Muslim League, who got 96 votes. According to figures provided by the Election Commission of Pakistan, the PTI emerged as the single largest party with 115 seats after the Election Commission of Pakistan released the complete preliminary results for 270 of 272 National Assembly constituencies.
- Prime Minister of Islamic Republic of Pakistan Imran Khan after taking oath was presented a guard of honour on his arrival at PM House in Islamabad
Prime Minister of Islamic Republic of Pakistan Imran Khan after taking oath was presented a guard of honour on his arrival at PM House in Islamabad today by a contingent drawn from three services. He inspected the guard of honour and took the salute. #PrimeMinisterImranKhan pic.twitter.com/kDCGN6WgSz
— PTI (@PTIofficial) August 18, 2018
- Sidhu’s presence at the oath-taking ceremony stirs controversy as he sits next to Pakistan Occupied Kashmir president Masood Khan.
- Imran Khan’s Sworn in as the 22nd Prime Minister of Pakistan.
- Imran Khan fumbles during his oath-taking speech.
— ANI (@ANI) August 18, 2018
- Pakistan President Mamnoon Hussain administers Imran Khan’s oath.
- The oath-taking ceremony begins with the recitation of Holy Quran, to be sworn in as Pakistan PM shortly.
- Bushra Bibi, the wife of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan, reaches the Aiwan-e-Sadr (the President House) in Islamabad.
- Navjot Singh Sidhu meets Pakistan Army Cheif Qamar Bajwa at the President House.
- Guests have started arriving for the ceremony at the President House in Islamabad, reported PTV.
- On Friday, the newly-elected Speaker of the House Asad Qaiser announced the results amid the chants of ‘na manzoor’ (unacceptable) and “Wazir-e-azam Nawaz Sharif” (former Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif).