Hindustan Surkhiyan Desk: In the wake of deadly terrorist attack in Jammu and Kashmir’s Pulwama on Thursday, India is likely to suspend all talks with Pakistan over the Kartarpur Corridor. A meeting on the Kartarpur corridor was scheduled to take place on March 14, MEA Spokesperson Raveesh Kumar had said said. The meeting was to earlier take place on March 13.
Kumar said India has also proposed a technical level discussion of engineers, but Pakistan is yet to respond to it. “They have suggested an alternative border crossing point. We had also proposed a technical level discussion at the level of engineers and this should not be held hostage to the main meeting that will take place on March 14,” Kumar said in response to a question during a media briefing.
Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu and Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh had on November 26 last year laid the foundation stone for the Kartarpur corridor in Gurdaspur district.
Two days later, Pakistan’s Prime Minister Imran Khan laid the foundation stone for the corridor at Narowal, 125 km from Lahore. This comes on the sideline of deadly Pulwana attack where 37 CRPF troopers lost their lives and several got severely injured.